See if you can swallow Society's MOTTO!
Have anyone of you picked up the newspaper today and read the front article? Its about this dude who's 37 years old and is engaged and due to marriage on 3rd april. His fiance was with him (she's 40 years old) at Buena Vista (correct me if I'm wrong) mrt and he somehow slipped and his shoe dropped in the tracks. So, as any shoe-loving singaporean would do, he jumped down into the tracks and went to save his precious shoe before the train came and reduced it to a pulp. Unfortunately, he did not see the train coming and you can imagine the rest. His fiance was there and was trying to pull him off the tracks because he had difficulty climbing up and when the train passed, he kinda got sliced into half and he died literally in her arms. It's really tragic. May his soul rest in peace.
Then it got the FatCat thinking...
This tragic incident is really bizarre and it puzzles me. How could the mrt driver not have seen the dude on the tracks and secondly, the mrt cameras did not manage to take a shot of this as well. The WORST thing that they stated in the papers was that everybody on the platform did not even ATTEMPT to help the poor lady pull her fiance up. That really pissed me off and made me frown deeply in the mrt carriage where I was on my way to Somerset.
It struck me how SELFISH Singaporeans are.
So I was having a total rant session with my boyfriend and was practically yelling at the top of my voice about how selfish Singaporeans are, irregardless of the fact that the whole train was full of Singaporeans and that they might try to bash me up. Was too pissed to consider that. I know, I'm rash. But hey, THINK ABOUT IT LOGICALLY. If there was just ONE more person who went to help the poor heartbroken lady, JUST ONE MORE, that happy couple would be married on the 3rd of April and that lady would have somebody to hold onto and cherish till the end of her days. It would make such a difference on her life! That guy could have SURVIVED! IS JUST ASKING ONE BLOODY PERSON TO HELP TOO MUCH TO ASK?! I mean, come on people...where's the humanity in this? Whatever social defence or whatever defence that they always advertise on Total Defence Day is COMPLETELY absent here! I'm sorry I'm going to have to say this but in my personal opinion, yesterday's incident proves this to be complete BULLSHIT!
I'm not making it sound that am completely guiltless of this, had I been there; because I would not have helped either. I won't make excuses because I know I'm a selfish little worm and the thing that scares me the most is death. Ironic isn't it? I'm so morbid and so fanatical about death but yet I'm afraid of death itself. I guess its the selfish human nature at work.
And that's what kept everyone to their spot that very time it had happened.
I feel very ashamed to admit it but it's true. Everyone's afraid of death and if I were there, my biggest worry would be that IF i went there to help, that dude would pull me into the tracks in desperate hopes to climb out and I would instead take his place and get squished by the train. It's selfish isn't it? But its true. Think about it yourselves. Would you have helped? Don't lie and you'd realise something very sinful.
But that's beside the point. I think that the person who made the biggest mistake here was the guy for making the decision to jump in without looking out for the train and I think the person who takes the second most responsibility is the mrt driver. Had he been attentive and OPENED his eyes, he would have jammed his train to a stop. But I think he was daydreaming and that cost another person's life. The FatCat's got no willpower to criticise him because the guilt of killing someone will haunt him for the rest of his life and I think that's good enough punishment. But as you can tell, I'm still mostly disappointed with the people on the platform....
It's not fair how he died. He didn't deserve to. He had his whole life ahead of him...
If someone can just come up to me and tell me that there was at least SOMEONE who thought of helping that day, I'd be contented because I can't swallow the fact that society is all so heartless, cruel, self-centred, uncaring and has literally NO capacity TO LOVE ANYONE EXCEPT THEMSELVES! My words may sting with a capatalised "OUCH" but I think society deserves that! Don't give me bullshit about world peace and how much they can LOVE a person and how some people are so deeply in love that they're "oh-so-willing to give up their life for their love". I'd stare you coldly in the face and slap you with my tail. If you can only love your loved ones, how are you ever to have the compassion to love your loved ones when you don't CARE about the other human beings around you? Then i'd tell you my friend, that's not love. It's only a lie to sooth your conscience that it's love. People nowadays just care for themselves and ONLY themselves!
You want to know what I think? The FatCat thinks society's motto is "ME MYSELF AND I!" because everyone just can't give a damn around here! All they think about is ME ME AND ONLY ME! For example, if you see a old lady fall down on the street, I BET you won't help her up and you'd just scurry by with a I-didn't-see-anything-face! Ho, don't tell me that society is not like that because I've sat down and watched the day go by and I've seen cases where people just don't care at all. If it were in the states, at least SOMEONE would help that poor lady up! I'm not judging angmohs and Singaporeans but face it, Singaporeans have FORGOTTEN all their morals!!!! Personally, I don't quite like angmohs but in this case, I have great respect for their compassion and ability to love AND SINGAPOREANS SHOULD BE GREATLY, GREATLY ASHAMED!!!
I'm not saying that everyone is like this but to see that about in 100+ people on the platform, only his fiance cared, its truly very very horrifying. I have great admiration for this woman. She truly loves her fiance. She should be an example to all. And THAT'S what I call sacrificing for your love one! Because she could have been killed in the process too if she were not careful! I hoped that you've realised the same thing that I've realised too because it's a cat and dog world out there. It's not that innocent. It's cold and cruel.
Society can go fuck themselves.
Then it got the FatCat thinking...
This tragic incident is really bizarre and it puzzles me. How could the mrt driver not have seen the dude on the tracks and secondly, the mrt cameras did not manage to take a shot of this as well. The WORST thing that they stated in the papers was that everybody on the platform did not even ATTEMPT to help the poor lady pull her fiance up. That really pissed me off and made me frown deeply in the mrt carriage where I was on my way to Somerset.
It struck me how SELFISH Singaporeans are.
So I was having a total rant session with my boyfriend and was practically yelling at the top of my voice about how selfish Singaporeans are, irregardless of the fact that the whole train was full of Singaporeans and that they might try to bash me up. Was too pissed to consider that. I know, I'm rash. But hey, THINK ABOUT IT LOGICALLY. If there was just ONE more person who went to help the poor heartbroken lady, JUST ONE MORE, that happy couple would be married on the 3rd of April and that lady would have somebody to hold onto and cherish till the end of her days. It would make such a difference on her life! That guy could have SURVIVED! IS JUST ASKING ONE BLOODY PERSON TO HELP TOO MUCH TO ASK?! I mean, come on people...where's the humanity in this? Whatever social defence or whatever defence that they always advertise on Total Defence Day is COMPLETELY absent here! I'm sorry I'm going to have to say this but in my personal opinion, yesterday's incident proves this to be complete BULLSHIT!
I'm not making it sound that am completely guiltless of this, had I been there; because I would not have helped either. I won't make excuses because I know I'm a selfish little worm and the thing that scares me the most is death. Ironic isn't it? I'm so morbid and so fanatical about death but yet I'm afraid of death itself. I guess its the selfish human nature at work.
And that's what kept everyone to their spot that very time it had happened.
I feel very ashamed to admit it but it's true. Everyone's afraid of death and if I were there, my biggest worry would be that IF i went there to help, that dude would pull me into the tracks in desperate hopes to climb out and I would instead take his place and get squished by the train. It's selfish isn't it? But its true. Think about it yourselves. Would you have helped? Don't lie and you'd realise something very sinful.
But that's beside the point. I think that the person who made the biggest mistake here was the guy for making the decision to jump in without looking out for the train and I think the person who takes the second most responsibility is the mrt driver. Had he been attentive and OPENED his eyes, he would have jammed his train to a stop. But I think he was daydreaming and that cost another person's life. The FatCat's got no willpower to criticise him because the guilt of killing someone will haunt him for the rest of his life and I think that's good enough punishment. But as you can tell, I'm still mostly disappointed with the people on the platform....
It's not fair how he died. He didn't deserve to. He had his whole life ahead of him...
If someone can just come up to me and tell me that there was at least SOMEONE who thought of helping that day, I'd be contented because I can't swallow the fact that society is all so heartless, cruel, self-centred, uncaring and has literally NO capacity TO LOVE ANYONE EXCEPT THEMSELVES! My words may sting with a capatalised "OUCH" but I think society deserves that! Don't give me bullshit about world peace and how much they can LOVE a person and how some people are so deeply in love that they're "oh-so-willing to give up their life for their love". I'd stare you coldly in the face and slap you with my tail. If you can only love your loved ones, how are you ever to have the compassion to love your loved ones when you don't CARE about the other human beings around you? Then i'd tell you my friend, that's not love. It's only a lie to sooth your conscience that it's love. People nowadays just care for themselves and ONLY themselves!
You want to know what I think? The FatCat thinks society's motto is "ME MYSELF AND I!" because everyone just can't give a damn around here! All they think about is ME ME AND ONLY ME! For example, if you see a old lady fall down on the street, I BET you won't help her up and you'd just scurry by with a I-didn't-see-anything-face! Ho, don't tell me that society is not like that because I've sat down and watched the day go by and I've seen cases where people just don't care at all. If it were in the states, at least SOMEONE would help that poor lady up! I'm not judging angmohs and Singaporeans but face it, Singaporeans have FORGOTTEN all their morals!!!! Personally, I don't quite like angmohs but in this case, I have great respect for their compassion and ability to love AND SINGAPOREANS SHOULD BE GREATLY, GREATLY ASHAMED!!!
I'm not saying that everyone is like this but to see that about in 100+ people on the platform, only his fiance cared, its truly very very horrifying. I have great admiration for this woman. She truly loves her fiance. She should be an example to all. And THAT'S what I call sacrificing for your love one! Because she could have been killed in the process too if she were not careful! I hoped that you've realised the same thing that I've realised too because it's a cat and dog world out there. It's not that innocent. It's cold and cruel.
Society can go fuck themselves.

<< Home