This is where I disappear

Wreck in the Look

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Not-so-parting words

I woke up this morning with an unexplainable feeling, but I think the closest thing that would describe it would be emptiness. And I fully understand the reason why.


I would say that Rag has been one of the few fucking awesome memories in my life. It has really taught me a lot about myself, about people, and about life. And so, today, I really want to thank every single one of you in this note who have brought back the light to my university life. I know I already have thanked some of you in notes, but I'll still thank you again, no matter how many times that would take. So do bear with me if I am being long-winded. :)


You see, without rag, I probably would not be the person that most of you know, and also, I might not even be here. Prior to rag, I was going through a really rough patch and it was really really really bad. I confess, I joined Rag not just because I loved dancing, and my OG mates also wanted to join, but one of the biggest push factors was that I wanted a distraction to occupy my mind. But I did not expect to get back so much more.


It really is unexplainable, and I still do not understand it, but being with you guys through every single practice, every single session at the rag site, or even with meals, gave me the strength to get through that rough patch and has made me the better person that I am today. Also, buying chicken salad to diet for body suit measurements always backfires.


I have deep respect for all of you. Seeing people injure themselves in cheer, injure themselves doing tech, provoking old injuries, or even injuring themselves in numerous incredible stupid ways and still deciding to pull through with it and giving it their 1001% really touched me a lot, and egged me to give my 1001% as well. It has really taught me a lot about people, who I used to be very cynical about.


Also, I used to believe that my sense of belonging in University was with my OG. I did not feel much towards my CCA or my faculty. I did not feel proud of Arts per se - it was just that I did not like the other faculties because I am a bitch. But now I do. In fact, I shocked myself when I left my OG after an hour on beach day because I realised that I enjoyed hanging out with the raggers so much in comparison. (or maybe its because I don't know the new batch of freshies.)
I understand that Arts is full of psycho people like the raggers, who either have nothing to do or they burn their holidays building a gigantic elephant which crushed the other faculties (pun!). Either way, they are a-m-a-z-i-ng. And I do believe that for this kind of decision, they must probably be one of the best few individuals in arts.


So I should probably shut up now after typing my 500 word essay. I believe all of you are either bored or mindfucked by this note in some way or another. But once again, for all the literal sweat, tears and blood, a big big thanks to all the inner sluts, outer sluts, bitches, assholes, birds, and not-quite-human people! (you all know which categories you all fit into HA. And yes, insults are a term of endearment!)


I will definitely come back for rag next year in some way or another, and I sure hope to see familiar faces there! Oh, and I will see all of you in school. I hope none of our friendships end here ya! And so, I will end this note on a very appropriate quote by our wonderful bitchy choreographer who never fails to have awe-inspiring herbal essence hair.


I quote: "PEEEEAAAApeaaarrrlll, gather!"