This is where I disappear

Wreck in the Look

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Days when you just feel like a four-legged animal

The day started off decently - it really, really did. Apart from being locked out of Wisma thanks to the stupid shutters which they did not pull up, things were pretty smooth - I woke up on time, had time to breakfast and prepared everything at a comfortable pace. I even took an extra effort to do up my makeup today cause I was in a good mood.

But that's where everything good ended.

Just an hour later, I knocked a whole tray of Apple Crumble Cheesecakes onto the floor even before opening, said 'Oh fuck!' in front of my boss when it happened, somehow managed to slam the cupboard hinge onto my left thumb, somehow managed to burn the back of my right thumb, screwed up at cashier multiple times during an insane 2 hr-slam which, I'm sure, annoyed the hell out of my boss cause I kept having to ask him for his card, screwed up with a customer in front of my boss during the slam, and at the end of the day, ended up short of 10 cents.

And the best part is yet to come.

Part two consists of unintentionally offending my boss through misunderstanding, collapsing on the MRT due to sheer exhaustion, falling asleep later while teaching tuition, and walking in the fucking rain for the 3rd fucking time 3 days in a row. Bloody hell, if I could still bowl, that's as lucky as getting a turkey.

Oh, and I looked like hell at the end of the day. Remember the makeup I bothered to spend a bit more time on in the morning? Because the aircon was not switched on yet in Wisma in the morning, I was prespiring so badly that my whole makeup was running for the whole day, making me the panda's favourite cousin.

Some days are just not your days.

I felt like a pissed off warthog. You know, a hoof-stamping, tusk-rearing, crazy-eyed-glaring warthog blowing out angry clouds of steam. Just that this warthog was walking home through her estate with a folded apron on her head to shelter her from the rain, and yoghurt, fruit juice and more yoghurt in a plastic bag hanging from her hand. (no doubt, comfort food.)

I want to just curl up in a corner and die.