Cause you ain't got no pancake mix
It's hard to believe how much time has passed since I was 16 and completely ambitionless, and extremely naive. I just took my mid-term exam for my Japanese course, and I am only 2 weeks away from the final exam, the last step to getting that Japanese certificate that will boost my resume for life. It is also really amazing how much I have changed since then.
Looking back, I never would have thought I would become somebody like this back then. Or maybe not. I will find out next year when I go back to my Secondary school and collect the letter that I wrote to myself when I was 16.
But anyway, a really interesting thing happened today at Orchard MRT station. So here I was, walking fast in my usual busy routine, rushing to get coffee before my exam, and there's this little kid in front of me who barely reaches the top of the barrier. He takes long, deliberate steps and hesitates before the barrier. He pauses for a few seconds, as if mustering up all his chi with great concentration, then he slaps his card onto the top of the card reader with great conviction, and in a really unintentional way, strikes a pose. Being directly behind him, my eyes bugged out. That was entirely random and amusing.
Looks like we got the next Karate kid, local version.
But hey, I am sure I was a weird kid too.
Do you ever get that feeling, where you are so excited that you forget everything else on your mind? It happened today. I was walking back to the MRT after Japanese, desperately needing to go to the toilet when I saw a cereal sale at Marks and Spencers. Racks and racks of cereal was staring back at me on top of their dainty shelves, looking scrumptuous and enticing. I guess you could say the effect that it had on me was the kind of effect a guy would have when the most beautiful girl in the world squeezes her two boobs together right in front of him.
And no, it wasn't anything to do with getting turned on.
I forgot about going to the toilet. And in the end, I couldn't resist and bought the damn overpriced cereal. And it was only about a few hundred metres away later, when I was prancing to the MRT, feeling all powerful with my purchase, and mentally laughing at everyone who did not have awesome cereal around me, that I remembered I needed to use the toilet.
Balls.
And the rampage did not end there. When I got to Ang Mo Kio, I bought fruit juice, and expensive yoghurt just cause I felt like it. And while I was deliberating what brand to buy, some random aunty beside me said, "Don't buy that one (the one I was looking at), this one nicer!"
If it does not taste nice aunty, you owe me $6.99.
But hey, at the end of the day, it gave me that warm fuzzy feeling of superiority. It was like looking at the world and going "HAHA YOU AINT GOT NO CEREAL, YOGHURT AND FRUIT JUICE" at every sad face in the Ang Mo Kio bus interchange.
I am such an asshole sometimes.
Looking back, I never would have thought I would become somebody like this back then. Or maybe not. I will find out next year when I go back to my Secondary school and collect the letter that I wrote to myself when I was 16.
But anyway, a really interesting thing happened today at Orchard MRT station. So here I was, walking fast in my usual busy routine, rushing to get coffee before my exam, and there's this little kid in front of me who barely reaches the top of the barrier. He takes long, deliberate steps and hesitates before the barrier. He pauses for a few seconds, as if mustering up all his chi with great concentration, then he slaps his card onto the top of the card reader with great conviction, and in a really unintentional way, strikes a pose. Being directly behind him, my eyes bugged out. That was entirely random and amusing.
Looks like we got the next Karate kid, local version.
But hey, I am sure I was a weird kid too.
Do you ever get that feeling, where you are so excited that you forget everything else on your mind? It happened today. I was walking back to the MRT after Japanese, desperately needing to go to the toilet when I saw a cereal sale at Marks and Spencers. Racks and racks of cereal was staring back at me on top of their dainty shelves, looking scrumptuous and enticing. I guess you could say the effect that it had on me was the kind of effect a guy would have when the most beautiful girl in the world squeezes her two boobs together right in front of him.
And no, it wasn't anything to do with getting turned on.
I forgot about going to the toilet. And in the end, I couldn't resist and bought the damn overpriced cereal. And it was only about a few hundred metres away later, when I was prancing to the MRT, feeling all powerful with my purchase, and mentally laughing at everyone who did not have awesome cereal around me, that I remembered I needed to use the toilet.
Balls.
And the rampage did not end there. When I got to Ang Mo Kio, I bought fruit juice, and expensive yoghurt just cause I felt like it. And while I was deliberating what brand to buy, some random aunty beside me said, "Don't buy that one (the one I was looking at), this one nicer!"
If it does not taste nice aunty, you owe me $6.99.
But hey, at the end of the day, it gave me that warm fuzzy feeling of superiority. It was like looking at the world and going "HAHA YOU AINT GOT NO CEREAL, YOGHURT AND FRUIT JUICE" at every sad face in the Ang Mo Kio bus interchange.
I am such an asshole sometimes.

<< Home