Another not-so-fresh beginning
The experience Arts Camp gives you never fails to amaze people, and I am not the exception. I really do not know what is it that creates the magic, but it makes the whole thing really amazing and unforgettable. Those 5 (6 for me because I have to do Saikang as an AOGL) crazy days of not having enough sleep (and even when you do, you end up sleeping on some hard surface like the floor or the table that is guaranteed to give you aches every morning), tiring yourself out from as early as 7.30am to 4.am everyday, eating crap that they pass off as food, covered top to toe in mud and other shit, is so fucking illogically enjoyable.
I mean, if you were to isolate every single factor and look at it, it is definitely not enjoyable. For example, who enjoys not having enough sleep!?
If the O-Comm promised the freshies an experience they would never forget, they definitely delivered it. In the past 6 days, I have had a total of 12 hours of sleep, had terrible aches all over my body, was always hungry, was always dirty, was always tired, and I even had to leave halfway for a few hours to see a sensei because my knee was so busted from playing Sadako for 6 hours in the Guy's toilet the night before to even walk properly the next day.
But you know, I think what makes the whole experience amazing is that EVERYONE IS IN THE SAME SHIT TOGETHER. It's like, you really feel a sense of belonging to the camp, to your house, to your OG. Even though you know this feeling is fleeting and transient, you cannot help but feel so. You feel as if you not only have your freshies as new friends, but you also know your whole damn house. And everyone else knows you, and accepts you.
You can do crazy shit, and nobody will ever judge you for it because they are equally guilty for doing stupid things too. (:
The sense of companionship is just so powerful, that whenever Zhenyu, the house IC speaks, everyone, whether girls or guys, can be moved to tears. It happened during the war games and at the end of the camp where he gave his speech. It is ridiculous isn't it? How you can know a whole community of people for 6 days and feel like you have known them forever that you can even be so touched by them.
It does not make sense.
It sounds pretty darn ridiculous.
It is not plausible.
BUT FUCK, IT DID HAPPEN!!!
And that I think, ladies and gentlemen,
is the magic of Arts Camp.
Thank you everyone - House ICs, freshies, counsellors and O-comm for bringing it back for me again.
I mean, if you were to isolate every single factor and look at it, it is definitely not enjoyable. For example, who enjoys not having enough sleep!?
If the O-Comm promised the freshies an experience they would never forget, they definitely delivered it. In the past 6 days, I have had a total of 12 hours of sleep, had terrible aches all over my body, was always hungry, was always dirty, was always tired, and I even had to leave halfway for a few hours to see a sensei because my knee was so busted from playing Sadako for 6 hours in the Guy's toilet the night before to even walk properly the next day.
But you know, I think what makes the whole experience amazing is that EVERYONE IS IN THE SAME SHIT TOGETHER. It's like, you really feel a sense of belonging to the camp, to your house, to your OG. Even though you know this feeling is fleeting and transient, you cannot help but feel so. You feel as if you not only have your freshies as new friends, but you also know your whole damn house. And everyone else knows you, and accepts you.
You can do crazy shit, and nobody will ever judge you for it because they are equally guilty for doing stupid things too. (:
The sense of companionship is just so powerful, that whenever Zhenyu, the house IC speaks, everyone, whether girls or guys, can be moved to tears. It happened during the war games and at the end of the camp where he gave his speech. It is ridiculous isn't it? How you can know a whole community of people for 6 days and feel like you have known them forever that you can even be so touched by them.
It does not make sense.
It sounds pretty darn ridiculous.
It is not plausible.
BUT FUCK, IT DID HAPPEN!!!
And that I think, ladies and gentlemen,
is the magic of Arts Camp.
Thank you everyone - House ICs, freshies, counsellors and O-comm for bringing it back for me again.

<< Home