This is where I disappear

Wreck in the Look

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Emily goodness

I just caught one of the final showings of Emily of Emerald Hill and I have to say, it was a bloody brilliant performance. There were certain moments in the entire play that was particularly poignant. In the beginning, I had no idea where the whole play was going, and maybe I daresay, a little bored and sleepy because of the lighting. But as the interval passed, the story began to take shape in the most delightful way possible and I was pleasantly surprised at how everything tied in so nicely. Although, as I was watching the character Emily on stage, it was like watching my own mother there. Freaky.

I think the play has really enlightened me on what it takes to be a mother and it has helped me to understand a little more on why my mother sometimes behaves in the most oppressing way possible. It is really something you should not miss.

I left the theatrette feeling satisfied and somewhat happy, but somehow, just a little hollow.