White russians actually do knock some sense into you
I sometimes forget how complicated people can be. Which of course, is not a good thing. I seem to be fooled very often by outward appearances. I guess the two glasses of white russians and the 4 expresso shots of yesterday reminded me of that. I really did not expect that the easy-going attitude was a veil for a past of pain. I cannot imagine having to go through the same thing, and at the same time I'm relieved that something like that has not happened to me yet. It is disgusting, I know. But I can't help appreciating what I already have. It makes my problems seem so much more trivial.
And my aunt cleared up my thoughts for me. Apart from the awesome homemade pancakes, mango shake, painstakingly cooked lunch and dinner, she gave me the best advice that anyone has given me so far that I will definitely remember for life. She even asked me to stay another night for "therapy"(aka lots of awesome homecooked food, booze and with the company of my cousin and my crazy aunt) but I have to fetch my sister in a few hours at the airport at 3am. And for the sake of myself many years down the road, should I find myself in another similar situation, I will post what she said, as a reminder and constant reminder to myself.
In a nutshell,
"Relationships are voluntary on both parties. If you try to force one side, then it won't be a relationship anymore, right? And, even if they don't make the best boyfriend, most of the time they'll make the best friends."
"You have to stop wondering why things happened. Because there is never an answer to why."
"You have to understand that the initial attraction is largely physical and superficial. Beyond the surface of a person, you don't know anything beyond that."
Award-winning golden advice. (:
Thanks.
And my aunt cleared up my thoughts for me. Apart from the awesome homemade pancakes, mango shake, painstakingly cooked lunch and dinner, she gave me the best advice that anyone has given me so far that I will definitely remember for life. She even asked me to stay another night for "therapy"(aka lots of awesome homecooked food, booze and with the company of my cousin and my crazy aunt) but I have to fetch my sister in a few hours at the airport at 3am. And for the sake of myself many years down the road, should I find myself in another similar situation, I will post what she said, as a reminder and constant reminder to myself.
In a nutshell,
"Relationships are voluntary on both parties. If you try to force one side, then it won't be a relationship anymore, right? And, even if they don't make the best boyfriend, most of the time they'll make the best friends."
"You have to stop wondering why things happened. Because there is never an answer to why."
"You have to understand that the initial attraction is largely physical and superficial. Beyond the surface of a person, you don't know anything beyond that."
Award-winning golden advice. (:
Thanks.

<< Home