The Starbucks Experience
I have always loved work, but I did not ever dream of loving work to this extent. Call me a workaholic, but being at work makes me really happy. Sure, I get scolded sometimes and I am a tad bit slow when learning things which may annoy people, but somehow that does not deter me in the least. I guess being thick skinned helps. Either that, or work is making my skin even thicker.
I would even go as far to say that this has been the best job I have ever been involved in thus far. Granted, the pay is not great and the customers may be nasty, but somehow there's a sense of gratification after each shift. Okay, let's not talk about each shift. Let's talk about the gratification down to each single drink. Every drink is like a renewed challenge, where anything that can go wrong will go wrong. The margin for error is higher than the Petronas. But somehow, out of all the screw-ups that can happen, a great deal of satisfaction is achieved whenever I do a good drink.
Just a single compliment from my shift manager today about the lemon zen juice blended drink that I made made me really happy.
And of course, there are my partners. They are an awesome bunch of people that I know I will be able to depend on. It may be naive to say so at this point of time since I hardly know them, but my gut feeling gives me a good vibe which I will trust.
Ladies and not-so-gentlemen, making coffee is really an art. Not just from the tangible art of it, but also from the cooperation amongst the partners needed to sustain it. And it's just so easy to tip the balance of harmony.
I would even go as far to say that this has been the best job I have ever been involved in thus far. Granted, the pay is not great and the customers may be nasty, but somehow there's a sense of gratification after each shift. Okay, let's not talk about each shift. Let's talk about the gratification down to each single drink. Every drink is like a renewed challenge, where anything that can go wrong will go wrong. The margin for error is higher than the Petronas. But somehow, out of all the screw-ups that can happen, a great deal of satisfaction is achieved whenever I do a good drink.
Just a single compliment from my shift manager today about the lemon zen juice blended drink that I made made me really happy.
And of course, there are my partners. They are an awesome bunch of people that I know I will be able to depend on. It may be naive to say so at this point of time since I hardly know them, but my gut feeling gives me a good vibe which I will trust.
Ladies and not-so-gentlemen, making coffee is really an art. Not just from the tangible art of it, but also from the cooperation amongst the partners needed to sustain it. And it's just so easy to tip the balance of harmony.

<< Home