This is where I disappear

Wreck in the Look

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

brutal honesty sometimes works better than consolation

I love my other half. And no, being my other half does not imply anything romantic. He's basically what I would be if I were male - just 10 times more gorgeous and 20 times more practical than me. It's always scary in the sense that everything that he says or thinks is how I would think if I didn't have my 9 months to 'find myself'. Being cynical in the rawest form. But yet, at the same time, I know this side exists in me. It's just dormant, at the moment. Although, I would say that he plays the game much, much better than I do. Which is why he's my "master" and I'm his "student". Don't ask. And no, it is nothing kinky.

So here I am, listening to headphones when he suddenly taps me on the shoulder and my jaw drops when I recognise him after 10 seconds. He has a date and after 5 minutes, his date is quickly ignored at one corner (as much as I feel bad about it, I gloat a little at how much he loves me :D ). In a nutshell, he says

1) You look nice (in approval after scanning me up and down), but your eyebags (in disdain)
2) You got white hair
3) You lost weight
4) And, what are you doing with yourself man

I have to admit, I felt a little ashamed when he gave me such a disdainful look. But that was before he said "I'm not going to let you continue like this" and then he immediately scans around the crowd to find a guy that passes his 'looks' indicator and was all ready to grab him and get him to talk to me.

And he was serious.

and THEN, he grabs his date and asks his date whether his date had any good-looking single straight guy friends. My eyes were like O.O and my face said 'what are you doing?!'

Then he chucks his date back to the corner HAHA.

And basically he semi-scolds me some more as my "master" and laments, "Where are all the good-looking guys today?"

So I glared at him and said, "That's cause the only one is right in front of me!!!"

Stupid model. He looks glamorous even when I want to smack/hug him for trying to grab random guys off the Plaza Singapura floor. And honestly, if he went up to a guy and tried to drag him over, the guy probably would not look half as good next to him.

Sheesh.

But the point is, somehow, he really drives a point home.
And that is, "You're not being yourself, get over it."
And the second point would be, "You look terrible with your eyebags."

Thank you, Mel.
I realise we don't talk as much as we used to, but you always coincidentally appear at my lowest, and make me effectively realise how bloody stupid I am. You're like my logic (which has been ignored a lot recently) in human form. I don't know why, but your words go through my thick skull more effectively than if someone else said the same thing.