This is where I disappear

Wreck in the Look

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Spirited Away

I can only reflect over the CJ Band concert today - Con Fuoco 7th.


The best word to describe it : sensational.


I guess there are 2 items out of all which will remain etched in my memory forever. Gozilla eats Las Vegas and the Saxophone's rendition of Jupiter.


Why?


Cause the first was hilarious. While the band was playing in the background, there were these cartoon people dressed up in Vegas clothing and a guy running around in a godzilla costume. I'd give it a 6/10 for acting and dancing but it was pretty amusing and ingenious the way they incorporated the story line and the music. For example, the drum beat was the Godzilla's stomping and laughing. But basically, the plot went this way: Godzilla terrorises Las Vegas, people run away. Some funny people try to attack him, fails, Godzilla continues to stomp on the cardboard cars and buildings. Then, Godzilla starts eating happy couples but later falls in love with some random Egyptian woman. Ironically, its a one-scene thing and then Godzilla's stabbed/shot to death the next moment. Someone should teach him not to play with his food.


And another funny thing was, when they 'stabbed' Godzilla, he got obviously stabbed through the armpit. Wow. Poor Godzilla. I guess, thats another way of committing suicide : stabbing yourself through the armpit. But anyway, it was hell of entertaining!


Oh, and Godzilla plays the cello too (he's actually wearing the bottom half of the godzilla costume. He's got a tail!)




Good job CJ Band!


As for the Second piece, it really struck me cause somehow, somewhere, I've heard that piece before. I think it was probably during our Dance Breaks when I went out to drink water that I'll hear the Saxophonists practicing that from the PAC. But either way, it was also a matter of who was playing. Sitting there, I couldn't help but think.




And once again, this horrible feeling came up inside of me. A feeling of inevitability - if there were ever such a word. I felt as though time could freeze right there, right then. Then, maybe, I'd be contented living within beautiful frozen music.


And, perhaps, I'd eventually find the thought in eternity to sort out myself.


Quote of the day: " Wa lao, He's got a fan club sia! "

Thought of the day: Godzilla plays the cello.