The one who forgot.
We once promised each other that we'll never grow up.
I think you have but I have not. I realise inwardly, I'm still a kid. Sure, I've learnt the manipulations of life and I've had my fair share of hardships and responsibilities but every night as I lie down and invite the Sandman to sprinkle sand into my eyes, I escape into dreams.
And almost every dream is the same: A dystopia that I can ironically find my own small utopia in. It's always about finding answers.
From the past. It's weird but if I ever dream about anything rational, (things that exclude ninjas, wizards, killing racoons or becoming a potato, etc etc) I dream about the past. It's like, I'm somehow trapped in it, reliving it every night and getting a cold slap of reality when I awake.
Talk about palimpsest...
And in each, I see either you or you there. Sometimes, both. An overlapping memory? Possible.
I'm still a kid. I still want to be serenaded from my window with a guitar or a saxophone, run in the rain, receive flowers even if it isn't any special occassion, sit on the monkey bars as we hold hands and talk about life, throw popcorn at random people in the cinema, whine whenever I want, eat candy and chocolates all day without having to worry whether I'll grow fat or not, eat paper just to see how it tastes like, grab your hand and drag you anywhere, constantly demand for your attention, talk to anyone irregardless of gender and age without implicating any consquences, hang out at our houses without any underlying motive, roll in the sand, lie on the grass and believe in love at first sight... etc.
To be an adult. To be sexually promiscuous? No thanks. I'm so sick of this 'hey-honey-whats-your-name?-oh-amanda-thats-a-real-sweet-name-whao-and-you're-a-virgo-too?-sweet-I-think-we're-totally-fated-cause-I'm-a-virgo-too-so-lets-have-sex-and-dump-each-other-tomorrow' trend that's going around SG nowadays...
I want to hold your hand like there's no tomorrow without being labelled slut/despo and kiss you with nothing but innocence. I don't want to kiss you out of lust.
So to that, I'm gonna stay young. I'm never gonna grow old no matter how society forces me to 'mature'. Who knows? Maybe we'll be childish enough to elope or create our own personal utopia for those few hours that are worth it.
Don't force me to grow up.
Quote of the day: Khan-not make it.
Observation of the day: Short skirts grab A LOT of attention =/
P.s: I had yummy italian today!!!!
I think you have but I have not. I realise inwardly, I'm still a kid. Sure, I've learnt the manipulations of life and I've had my fair share of hardships and responsibilities but every night as I lie down and invite the Sandman to sprinkle sand into my eyes, I escape into dreams.
And almost every dream is the same: A dystopia that I can ironically find my own small utopia in. It's always about finding answers.
From the past. It's weird but if I ever dream about anything rational, (things that exclude ninjas, wizards, killing racoons or becoming a potato, etc etc) I dream about the past. It's like, I'm somehow trapped in it, reliving it every night and getting a cold slap of reality when I awake.
Talk about palimpsest...
And in each, I see either you or you there. Sometimes, both. An overlapping memory? Possible.
I'm still a kid. I still want to be serenaded from my window with a guitar or a saxophone, run in the rain, receive flowers even if it isn't any special occassion, sit on the monkey bars as we hold hands and talk about life, throw popcorn at random people in the cinema, whine whenever I want, eat candy and chocolates all day without having to worry whether I'll grow fat or not, eat paper just to see how it tastes like, grab your hand and drag you anywhere, constantly demand for your attention, talk to anyone irregardless of gender and age without implicating any consquences, hang out at our houses without any underlying motive, roll in the sand, lie on the grass and believe in love at first sight... etc.
To be an adult. To be sexually promiscuous? No thanks. I'm so sick of this 'hey-honey-whats-your-name?-oh-amanda-thats-a-real-sweet-name-whao-and-you're-a-virgo-too?-sweet-I-think-we're-totally-fated-cause-I'm-a-virgo-too-so-lets-have-sex-and-dump-each-other-tomorrow' trend that's going around SG nowadays...
I want to hold your hand like there's no tomorrow without being labelled slut/despo and kiss you with nothing but innocence. I don't want to kiss you out of lust.
So to that, I'm gonna stay young. I'm never gonna grow old no matter how society forces me to 'mature'. Who knows? Maybe we'll be childish enough to elope or create our own personal utopia for those few hours that are worth it.
Don't force me to grow up.
Quote of the day: Khan-not make it.
Observation of the day: Short skirts grab A LOT of attention =/
P.s: I had yummy italian today!!!!

<< Home