This is where I disappear

Wreck in the Look

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

weirdness is genetic

Being a father has its advantages with the number one rule being that, your jokes are never stale. I swear its times like these that I find my dad weird and adorable at the same time. I love my dad (although I'm too much of an asshole to tell him that). And my dad loves the weirdest things. So by default, I guess that makes me loving the weirdest things too.

1. He gets a REAL kick out of watching B and C grade action and horror movies, going into serious laughing fits at the most "dramatic" or "terrifying" parts because of some minute detail that amuses him that only he notices until he points it out.

2. He loves standing over me and watching me play random games, contributing his input like "Aiyah, I was playing these games when I was your age", "I can take over for you" and "Quick! Zombie coming already! (for L4D2)". Or, he just laughs while I randomly shoot zombies or bash them with a frying pan.

3. He is the arch-enemy of Singapore commercials. I mean, really. He'll mute the sound when the commercials start rolling and he'll say "Don't believe him!". Ironically, he seems to really enjoy overseas commercials on the logic that "its so alien it cannot affect me."

4. He's a mega fan boy of American Idol and CSI Miami (he doesn't like the Las Vegas one because he likes Horishio too much.)

and many more...

Anyway, so this is what happened today. We were watching American Idol and the song that was being sung was "I believe I can fly". My dad turned to me and said "Do you know who sang this song?"

I said I forgot but it had something to do with Looney Toons and Michael Jordan.

In response, he gave me a grave look and shot me an answer in a matter-of-fact voice, "No. It's by Superman."

5 seconds passed by.

I said "huh? You mean the original Superman sang this? I thought he fell off a horse and damaged his back."

And the winning answer came.

"Cause he believes he can fly."

But I still laughed anyway. It's awesome to be a dad.