Braving the storm

Today was sheer laughter therapy. Rehearsals were incredibly enjoyable (until uh, someone fainted) and lunch (or rather, brunch) at Nicole's were awesome. I've not laughed so hard in such a long time. It's times like these that I'm really grateful for my friends since Secondary School. The fact that we can look back and talk about all the dirt we have on each other really makes its point. For all that, thanks. It's an amazing feeling.
Although, it was slightly unsettling when we discussed one topic that I haven't spoken about for 6 years. Ever since that incident I've locked it away completely in the corner of my mind and tried to pretend it exists. The worst part is that it probably did exist, just not in people's memories, which makes it seem like I just had a really really really bad dream although at that time it was definitely 1000% real. Some things you just don't forget in a lifetime even if you wanted to.
It's 2 weeks to the end of tutorials and 4 weeks to exams. It's going to be really tough, and I already feel the stress piling up. I'm really scared that for the next few weeks, a small thing may be capable of breaking the delicate balance and totally crash my mood, preventing me from studying. But I think ultimately, I'll get through it. Just that the aftermath of things is gonna be really, really ugly if it ever swung in the wrong direction. I'm going to have to be a lot stricter on myself emotionally.

<< Home