This is where I disappear

Wreck in the Look

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

The Aftermath

I experienced another random moment today when I was going up the escalator from the underpass to the bus interchange at AMK. When I was going up, there was this muscular guy leaning at the railing, looking down at the escalator and texting on his phone. But hey, that was not the part that caught my attention.

The part that caught my attention was the little Mr. Hungry hanging from his phone. Instantly, this thought flashed through my head: "OMG SOOOOO CUTE!" For some reason, when you add big-sized muscular guy to something from our childhood which girls would normally squeal over such as Mr Hungry, it seems so incongruous. But yet, at the same time, it makes you go "awwwwww" .

One of the many mysteries of life that I will never figure out.

Another mystery would be how my brain spazzes out and dies during interviews. It happened today oh-so-many times. You would think that I did not understand English from the number of times I had to ask my interviewer to repeat her question or to further clarify it. Damn. And I think I didn't make much sense too. I really hope I get through...AAAAAgh.

But hey, at least the $1 mini Okonomiyaki cheered me up a great deal after that (:

It never ceases to amaze me how I can kill 30 minutes of my time by wandering around and drooling at food. I must look like such a pig sticking my nose against the glass of food displays with twinkling eyes. I bet I must have looked like the Matchstick girl in the old Christmas story who presses her nose against the window of the house that was roasting a turkey and feeling miserable because she cannot get any Turkey and she's so cold and poor.

As for me, I was not cold but I was poor as hell.

So we have the 1st prize, the 2nd prize, now comes the 3rd prize : the mystery of the waving boys.
After driving today, I boarded the 138 and sat at the 2nd last row. Along the way I actually dozed off and when I got off the bus, I looked up and saw the 3 guys around my age in the back row smiling and waving at me. I was like wtf? I have a few theories about this:

A. I snored in the bus when I was asleep
B. I snored and slept-talked about something embarrassing
C. They stole something from me while I was asleep
D. I opened my mouth when I slept
E. They liked my Geseho jacket
F. One of them liked me

Option F is just a wild guess so I'm ruling that out. As for option C, I immediately checked my bag and everything is intact! As for the other options, well, thats the 3rd prize mystery for you. I swear I was so stunned la.

On a more cheerful note, my new driving instructor is sooooo awesome!!! I felt the power of driving a car when my instructor helped me horn at some asshole who cut my lane! HEHEHEHEHEHEE. And he's soooo much better in the sense that he's super alert when I do something wrong and hey, he does not fall asleep halfway while I'm driving. =\

I'm still thinking and not really getting anywhere about my situation. Memories stop me from throwing down the final gauntlet and it's kinda messing up what I feel now and what I felt maybe, 2 and 1/2 years ago. But I think, this tempest should end soon. The dust has to settle eventually whether I like it or not, anyway. Worst comes to worst, I will just stand alone.

And, I love facebook suaning sessions HAHAHAHA! Beach beach beach here I come (: