Fireworks for thought
This is kinda late, but, Happy un-anniversary.
There couldn't have been a better way to spend my first new year's eve out of 19 years outside. The day started off with L4D2 online with Fats, David and Aini, then a relocation of L4D2 to Raiders with Bryan and his friend, Terence. Shortly after would be a dinner with Kiat Tat with awesome KENNY ROGER'S CORN MUFFIN AND MAC AND CHEESE!!!!
And last but not least, waiting for the new year at the grass patch near the Beach Road Memorial. It was so fucking awesome.
Getting crickets and bugged, watching the space around you fill up with families and couples and friends, watching the clock tick on, seeing happy people with funky light-up devil horns and just generally talking trash.... and almost forgetting my phone.
I dare say that the best moment would be when 12 O'clock struck and there was a building up of cheers , followed by the euphoria that ensued when the first wink of fireworks shot up into the sky. It was a really heartwarming feeling, waiting with everyone for the new year and cheering loudly when the fireworks were being uber awesome at certain parts.
Even being cattled in the crowd all the way back to Carlton was awesome. I swear if I were just a liiiiittle bit high, I WOULD have turn around at the traffic light and gone BLLLEEHHH to the people behind me who didn't manage to cross in time. Poor suckers. Heh.
The festive feeling was seriously infectious. Walking to Carlton, we passed by a couple who were spraying other people with those party string stuff and 2 groups of foreign workers who started cheering loudly when they crossed each other in opposite directions.
Hey, we're totally breaking boundaries, but, I couldn't ask for a better way to welcome the end of my teens. =)

<< Home